Available in 32 Standard Sizes
- Superior Encasement – High impact strength, high molecular weight, polyethylene shell. Passes Hunt Puncture Test.
- Integral Bond – Foam thermally bonds to shell, minimizing space between shell and foam.
- Patented Mounting Strips – Four extra wide, super thick mounting strips provide easy direct attachment.
- Positive Strong Grip – 3/8″ lag bolts provide over 500 pounds in straight pullout force (lag bolts are not supplied with floats).
- Versatile – Works for most dock frames, including aluminum, whether it is a new or retrofitted dock.
- Solid Core – Unique process permits each foam block to be inspected prior to encapsulation.
Formex® Floats can be directly mounted to most any type of construction material using lag screws. Patented Quick Connect Strips along the perimeter under the top surface allow attachment along their length or width. Some types are:
High strength float clips are available for non-standard attachment requirements.
The Formex® Advantage
Premolded Solid Foam Core
Formex® uses only top grade expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam. Encapsulated using a patented process that allows a shell to be molded around a premolded solid foam block.
- No loose fill which means your flotation will not leak out if the shell is punctured.
- Inspection of foam blocks before encapsulation insures it is the highest quality to minimize water absorption.
- Ideal for clean marina use.
“Formex® uses the highest quality EPS foam cores by regularly testing the foam following the Hunt Seven Day Absorption Test*”
Rugged Molded Shell
Formex® uses high molecular weight polyethylene, a material which is also used for automotive gas tanks, canoes, 55-gallon drums and truck bed liners.
- High in tensile strength for resistance to impacts and stress cracking.
- Ultraviolet radiation resistant to guard against material breakdown.
- Impervious to water and protects the foam core from wave action, solvents and fuels which can erode foam.
- Resistant to attack from animals and marine organisms.
- Strategically located vent hole prevents ballooning without effecting the integrity of the foam core.
Formex® uses a patented process that allows the use of a solid precut block of EPS foam.
- Ability to randomly test each batch of foam for water absorption.
- Each block is measured to confirm that it meets specified tolerances.
- Beads are expanded in a mold forming a solid block, then cut to size thus no loose beads and no probe voids.
- Fully expanded foam means a solid pack that does not compress easily under ice pressure or other flotation loads.